Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fresh Start

So I thought I would start blogging to get my name out there. But I must warn you, I'm definitely not a writer or even pretend to be. I've probably already made many grammatical errors in my first two sentences.


Anyway, here is my story. I graduated from Texas Tech with a degree in Marketing. However when I got into the "corporate" world of marketing, I quickly realized it was not for me. I starting thinking, I wanted to do something I loved doing. I didn't want to work just for a paycheck. I've always loved baking. I remember always baking with my grandmother growing up. At first, baking was just a hobby, but then it has recently became much more. I lost my job in the "corporate" world and got a job at a bakery. I also started the bakery and pastry program at El Centro. Now I'm making cakes for friends and family for practice and experience. Now my name is getting out there and I'm receiving more requests for my cakes. I'm always striving to learn more and experience more.


Things I love about baking: the smell, the creativity, the taste, the look on peoples faces when they see their cake, the excitement, the appreciation, the happiness... and much more

I like making cakes, cupcakes, cookies, and cake stands.
Here is my start...








































































































No comments:

Post a Comment